Monday 19 March 2012

Grey Knight Wound Counters


Years ago I had worked up some 'wound counters' for use in my Imperial Guard games against the forces of Wednesday Night Gaming, as a means of keeping track of how many wounds were left on characters during games. I used leftover Guard bits e.g. arms, lasguns, helmets, and my favourite, a hand still gripping a grenade, painted up onto 25mm counters, to provide a fun and fluffy way to do this. I never did take any photos of these, so you'll have to take my word for it!

Sadly, as my Grey Knight army is taking up all my attention these days I thought it appropriate to provide army-specific wound counters for my White Knights, so the above photograph is the result.


I've never been a big fan of the 'official' neon green counter set, although 'intergrated' counters are another appealing option. Still, as I had a big collection of leftover Space Marine and Grey Knight bitz (doesn't everyone?) I thought I'd use some severed hands, arms, and back-packs painted up in my army scheme, with liberally splashes of blood splotches, and admittedly cack-handed Gothic freehand on the blotches themselves; this was an easy, fun and fulfilling couple of hours of my time and I think the results are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment